The year that Kempsford cricket
club was first formed is not known. However we do know that the club
was in existance in 1879 as we have a cricket bat given to a G.Bathe
for the best bowling for the club in that season. Through the years
the club has disbanded at least once and has played it's home games
at 4 different locations
current location (in the grounds of Kempsford Manor - behind the George)
the Axe and Compass at the west end of the village.
the social club at Welford.
the grounds of Coln House school at Fairford.